Tips to increase the central air conditioner efficiency.
Here are some easy tips as per the experts in AC repair in Ogden, UT, that you can use to improve your central air conditioner system:
Schedule AC Maintenance
Scheduling AC maintenance is the best way to maintain the efficiency and performance of the AC system. The technician cleans and lubricates the mechanical components to help the system run smoothly and quietly. Moreover, the technician fixes the issues that have the potential to develop into more complex problems.
Keep the Windows and Blinds Shut Down
Whenever you switch on the AC system, it is better to close all the doors and windows. Cover the windows with blinds or dark shade curtains to block the sunlight. When the air from outside mixes with the indoor air, the temperature fluctuates, and the AC has to work harder to reduce the temperature.
Ensure that all the AC vents are properly insulated because most air escapes the air through the leakage in ducts or vents. You should call the HVAC repair in Layton, UT, every 3 years to inspect the AC system ductwork.
Reasonable Thermostat Settings
Using the AC system at the lowest temperature may affect the compressor’s functioning. The air conditioning system can reduce the temperature by 20°F from the outdoor temperature.
Use Ceiling Fans
Ceiling fans can help reduce the air conditioning system’s workload and chill down the place quickly. Ceiling or portable fans help circulate the air in all room corners.
Signs That Indicate You Need to Replace Your Central AC
Central air conditioning systems have a working period of 10-15 years. However, some AC systems need to be replaced early due to improper care. According to AC repair in Ogden, UT, here are some signs that mean you need to think about buying a new AC system:
- AC vents are blowing warm air or inefficient air that increases the problem in your home.
- If the air conditioning system struggles to respond to changes in the thermostat, you should call the technician for a quick check.
- You can hear disturbing and loud noises from the central AC system installed in the basement.
- The central air conditioning unit takes up more energy if there is an issue. If you notice a spike in the electricity bill without proper explanation, get your AC examined by an expert of AC tune-up in Ogden.
- Refrigerant or water leakage is not a good indicator of the AC system’s condition.
A central air conditioning system works perfectly and uses less energy if it is appropriately maintained and checked for issues at the correct time. It is necessary to call the HVAC repair, to check and clean the duct system every 5 years.
E.R.S. Heating, and Cooling Inc. technicians deliver world-class HVAC services that keep your air conditioning system in good condition. Call (801)-516-3986 to book an appointment and receive prompt service.